“Tetiaroa is beautiful beyond my capacity to describe. One could say that Tetiaroa is the tincture of the South Seas.” MARLON BRANDO
The Brando is an exquisite luxury resort on French Polynesia’s breathtakingly beautiful private atoll of Tetiaroa, just 30 miles north of Tahiti. Tetiaroa is comprised of a dozen idyllic islands surrounding a spectacular lagoon. Tetiaroa has always been a place of stunning beauty, tranquility and rejuvenation — first for Tahitian royalty, who chose this island above all others for their summer retreat, and later for Marlon Brando who chose it for his personal sanctuary. With access provided by private plane, the resort offers carefree luxury in the midst of pristine nature. The all-inclusive resort features 35 deluxe villas each with its own private beach area and plunge pool, restaurants showcasing Polynesian and French cuisine, a luxurious Polynesian spa, a lagoon-view bar, beach bar, pool, organic garden, library, boutique and water sports. The Brando is unique in concept and scope, combining environmental purity, luxury and Polynesian charm into an enriching experience.
Location: Tetiaroa is located 30 miles (60 km) north of the island of Tahiti and is surrounded on all sides by the great blue expanse of the South Pacific. The Brando is located on Onetahi a motu spanning 78 hectares (193 acres).
Access: Tetiaroa is completely private with its own airfield. Two or more roundtrip charter flights a day are planned or will be organized aboard one of two 8-passenger Britten Norman airplanes (turboprop twinengine), duration of approximately 20 minutes, between a private terminal at Tahiti’s Faa’a International Airport and Motu Onetahi. After landing at Motu Onetahi on Tetiaroa, guests will be greeted by a representative of The Brando and escorted by electric vehicle to their private villa.
Accommodations: The 22 villas along West Turtle Beach and 13 along South Mermaid Bay have been carefully designed to reflect the Polynesian lifestyle and traditions, with luxurious furnishings, deluxe amenities including a private plunge pool, and windows as big as doors that let guests indulge in the sun, the breeze, and lagoon views. The villa’s timbered walls and native gardens are surrounded by exquisite scenery. The resort has been designed around clean, renewable energy sources, to protect this island paradise for generations to come.
Dining: The award-winning cuisine of Guy Martin of the Michelin two star restaurant Le Grand Véfour in Paris is featured in The Brando’s dining venues and in-room dining.
• Beachfront Restaurant: Exceptional lagoon and ocean views for savoring breakfast, lunch, and dinner to in this casually elegant, indoor/outdoor venue. The menu features a variety of Polynesian-inspired dishes alongside classic French-style cuisine.
• Fine Dining Restaurant: This venue features elegant décor in beautiful tones of tropical light and sand and a moat that surrounds the restaurant provides the sensation of floating on a lagoon. The intimate restaurant also includes a world-class wine cellar in a carefully climate-controlled glass enclosure. A menu with the same regard for flavor and quality that has made Le Grand Véfour one of the most respected dining established in Paris is showcased.
• Lagoon-View Bar: Located on the second floor, this open-air bar features spectacular views of the lagoon, distant motus and sunsets. In addition to the main lounge, there are several private tree-level seating areas that can be reached on walkways through the palm canopy.
• Bob’s Bar: A casual setting on the beach for conversation and making friends. The bar is named for Marlon Brando’s factotum (assistant) on film sets. At the end of many days, Brando and Bob would wind up at the bar for long talks. Eventually the bar at Marlon Brando’s lodge, Tetiaroa Village, became known as Bob’s Bar. The Brando’s Bob’s Bar has retained the original bar from the lodge Brando built. We have kept the name in honor of Bob and all others who have worked, and continue to work, anonymously to bring Brando’s visions to life.
• In-Room Dining: As a guest of The Brando, you can dine at any time. Room service is available 24 hours a day, to enjoy a meal in the privacy of the guest’s villa—either indoors, on their private deck, poolside, or on the beach.
• Varua Polynesian Spa: Is a natural haven of serenity nestled on the shores of a soothing pond in the heart of Motu Onetahi. Within this setting the finest holistic treatments are offered inspired by ancient Polynesian traditions coupled with modern techniques. The spa includes steam baths, a tea and relaxation lounge, a yoga shelter and a spa suite for couples.
Enjoy an unforgettable experience
- VIP welcome amenities with champagne bottle
- Round-trip transfers
- Customized dedicated support throughout your stay